Mr. Deity

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Trouble in Paradise

So, the anti-anxiety pills for Squirrel are horrible. I have given her two pills now (she takes 1 every 36 hours) and I hate the way they affect her. For probably 24 h0urs after I give her the pill she is like a Zombie. She sleeps most of the time and seems confused when she is awake. I hate this so much. I think that I have to find Squirrel a new home. She is such a sweet cat... incredibly loving. I hate the thought of finding her a new home, but I think I will be ok with it if I know she is going to someone who will take good care of her. She deserves to not have to take anti-anxiety medicine that turns her into a zombie and to feel safe in her own house. She seems ok upstairs, but Anna has taken to sitting at the gate at the bottom and staring at Squirrel. That just seems really strange to me. Poor Squirrel. Well, hopefully we will find a safe, happy, animal loving home for her. I think she would really enjoy being an only cat. Here are some recent pictures of Squirrel. She looks a bit vacant, but that is just the medicine.

No comments: